Our firm has extensive experience representing North Carolina local governments on general and complex issues. For these entities, we handle a wide range of matters including public works construction, contracting and litigation, tort liability, sovereign immunity, condemnation, annexation, zoning, property tax appeals, open meetings, public records, conflicts of interest, public bidding, acquisition and disposition of public property, governance and authority.
Local Government Representative Experience
Recent representative experience includes:
- Representing a governmental entity in the acquisition, construction, and operation of a new facility
- Representing a local government in the acquisition, construction, and operation of a town hall and park
- Representing a city in eminent domain cases related to the construction of a public transportation system
- Negotiating and drafting contract documents for major public/private construction projects
- Negotiating and drafting RFQ and contract documents for construction manager at risk for $58 million renovation and expansion of a public water system
Our Local Government Law Group works closely with the firm’s Airport + Aviation, Construction, Land Use/Condemnation and Real Estate groups to provide strategic advice on the legal issues affecting area municipalities.
Contact Our Local Government Practice
Reach out to any one of our experienced professionals to see if Hamilton Stephens Steele + Martin, PLLC can assist you.