Ashley Foley is an attorney in the firm’s Commercial Construction Litigation Group.
For almost ten years, Ashley focused her practice on family law litigation and successfully represented clients in a broad range of complex family law matters ranging from high conflict child custody matters to family financial situations. Ashley recognizes her clients value sound legal advice, integrity, privacy, personal service, and professionalism. Ashley believes being a zealous advocate requires developing a strong relationship with each client and thoroughly understanding the details of each case. She practices these principles in each matter with the specific focus of helping clients achieve long-lasting solutions.
Ashley now uses her skilled litigation experience along with her practice philosophy in commercial construction litigation. Ashley primarily represents general contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals in lawsuits alleging construction defects, delay claims, work or project issues, and accounts collection. In addition to her construction work, Ashley represents property owners in litigation matters such as summary ejectment actions and unconventional tenancies.
Ashley is a Charlotte native and happily resides in Charlotte providing personalized and professional legal service to her home community. When outside of the office, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, specifically her 8-month-old daughter, Dottie, and miniature labradoodle, Charlotte.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 2009
- Charlotte School of Law, J.D., 2012
Honors + Activities
- Legal Elite in Family Law, Business North Carolina, 2018, 2019, 2020, & 2022
- Legal Elite “Young Guns," Business North Carolina, 2019
- North Carolina Super Lawyers "Rising Star,” 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, & 2022
- North Carolina State Bar
- S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- Mecklenburg County Bar (Young Lawyers Division)
- Member, Women in the Profession Committee, North Carolina Bar Association
- Best Interest Attorney, Council for Children’s Rights
- Board Member, Women Lawyers of Charlotte, 2018, & 2019
- Board Member, North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys, 2018
- Member, Myers Park Presbyterian Church
- Member, Mint Museum Auxiliary