Mr. Rose is primarily a civil litigator licensed in North and South Carolina, who focuses in the areas of construction litigation, complex business litigation, complex commercial litigation, corporate governance disputes, planned community litigation, lien claims, arbitration and general civil litigation.
Mr. Rose also has experience in contract negotiation, planned community creation, corporate creation, and private placement.
Mr. Rose has represented contractors, developers, architects, engineers and other design professionals, insurance companies, planned community associations, corporate shareholders, and business owners.
Prior to joining HSSM, Mr. Rose was an associate at Baucom, Claytor, Benton, Morgan & Wood, P.A. and focused on construction litigation, business litigation, and general civil litigation.
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate Transactions, Governance + Disputes
- Design Professional Services
- Financial Services and Investments
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD 2011, Honors Awards Recipient, Deans List
- University of Colorado, Boulder, BA (Poli-Sci) 2006, Honors Awards Recipient, Deans List
- Representation of shareholders, officers, and directors of closely held companies in direct and dissolution actions.
- Representation, in arbitration and litigation, of developers, general contractors, subcontractors in various construction disputes, including contractual disputes, delay claims, and construction defect disputes.
- Representation of homeowners in disputes with developers and contractors.
- Representation of businesses and institutional clients in collection of outstanding debts.
- Lectured to insurance carriers regarding the interpretation and construction of planned community governing documents.
Honors + Activities
- Member, North Carolina State Bar
- Member, South Carolina State Bar
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Construction Law Section, Membership Committee Member
- North Carolina Bar Association – Veterans Affairs Committee Co-Chair
- South Carolina State Bar – Veterans Affairs Committee
- Member, The First Tee of Greater Charlotte – Young Professionals
- Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute – Graduate
- Selected as a “Young Gun” in Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite” publication
- Selected as a “Legal Elite” in Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite” publication for Construction Law