Nancy Stewart Litwak joined HSSM in 2014 as an associate in the Civil Litigation practice group. Although she has experience in a broad range of civil litigation matters, Nancy focuses primarily on construction and business litigation. Her experience includes the representation of contractors, design professionals, and homeowners in construction disputes; product manufacturers; retail and other commercial store owners and businesses; individuals who have been personally injured; and individuals and businesses undergoing contractual and business disputes. Nancy’s experience ranges from pre-litigation negotiation and compromise, to the initial stages of litigation, then through discovery and depositions to the summary judgment and trial stages. Nancy holds licenses in both California and North Carolina.
Prior to joining HSSM, Nancy worked for Haight Brown & Bonesteel LLP, a civil defense litigation firm in Orange County, California, where she focused on design, manufacturing, and warning defects; breach of warranty claims; personal injury claims; and business and contractual disputes.
Outside of the office, Nancy enjoys cheering on Alabama football and Georgetown basketball.
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate Transactions, Governance + Disputes
- Design Professional Services
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Law, Chancellors’ Scholar, 2012
- Georgetown University, BA, 2009, Magna Cum Laude
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Programming Committee, Bobbitt Inn of Court
- Graduate, Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute, Class of 2016
Honors + Activities
- Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite, Construction Litigation (2017)
- Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite, Young Gun (2017)
- Presenter/Speaker, Mecklenburg County Bar Association, “Business Torts: Deception, Fraud & the Usual Suspects” (February 2017)