Mr. Sistrunk is currently the co-managing member of HSSM.
Mr. Sistrunk focuses his practice on the areas of real estate and corporate transactions and related litigation. He has broad experience in all aspects of real estate acquisitions, sales, financing, development, and leasing, as well as in real estate title issues. His real estate litigation experience includes matters involving land use (for example, zoning and condemnation matters), title disputes, and disputes between landlords and tenants, sellers and purchasers, and borrowers and lenders. Mr. Sistrunk also has substantial experience in representing both borrowers and lenders in loan workouts and foreclosures, including the negotiation of loan modifications and forbearance agreements. Mr. Sistrunk regularly represents clients in various aspects of entity formation and governance, including the preparation of shareholder agreements, bylaws, operating agreements and buy-sell agreements. He also represents clients in commercial disputes, including those arising out of entity ownership and operation. Mr. Sistrunk also regularly represents local governments both as general and outside counsel.
Mr. Sistrunk was the top vote-getter for Real Estate in Business North Carolina’s 2012 “Legal Elite” publication and a member of Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite Hall of Fame” for Real Estate.
Prior to joining HSSM, Mr. Sistrunk practiced with Kilpatrick Stockton, LLP.
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Transactions, Governance + Disputes
- Land Use / Condemnation
- Local Government
- Real Estate
- Wake Forest University School of Law, JD, 1998, Junius C. Brown Scholar, Wake Forest Moot Court, Wake Forest Law Review
- College of William and Mary, BA (History), 1995
Honors + Activities
- Martindale - Hubble® AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Honored for work in Real Estate Law in The Best Lawyers in America publication.
- Top vote-getter for Real Estate in Business North Carolina’s 2012 “Legal Elite” publication and a member of Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite Hall of Fame” for Real Estate
- Selected as a “Legal Elite” in Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite” publication
- Selected as a “Young Gun” in Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite” publication
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer” in the North Carolina Super Lawyers publication
- Selected as a “Rising Star” in the North Carolina Super Lawyers publication
- Member and former Chair of the Board of Directors, Supportive Housing Communities, Inc.
- Member of the Board of Directors, American Red Cross, Greater Carolinas Chapter
- Member of the Board of Directors, College of William and Mary, Greater Charlotte Alumni Chapter
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Active in the Mecklenburg County Bar, including membership on various committees
- Active on various committees, Trinity Presbyterian Church
- Author, “Washington Legal Foundation v. Texas Equal Access to Justice Foundation: The End of Interest on Lawyers’ Trust Account Programs or an Aberration to be Ignored,” 32 Wake Forest L. Rev. 1021 (1997)