Mr. Rosenwood's practice includes construction litigation, shareholder and corporate governance disputes, complex commercial litigation, arbitration and general business and civil litigation. Mr. Rosenwood’s clients include owners, builders, developers, architects, engineers, surveyors and other design professionals, equity funds, private investors, insurance companies and small business owners.
Mr. Rosenwood has extensive experience with partnership disputes, fiduciary obligations, planned community litigation, and multi-party construction claims, including subgrade and foundation failures, CPM scheduling and delay claims, investigating and litigating building envelope failures, and lien claims. He is a regular speaker on issues such as risk management, claims avoidance and project delivery methods, business transactions, mediation and arbitration.
Mr. Rosenwood is a Certified Superior Court Mediator and has conducted numerous presentations on mediation for the Mecklenburg County Bar Association.
Mr. Rosenwood is consistently recognized by his peers in the "Superlawyers" and "Legal Elite" publications, appearing in one or both every year since 2008.
Prior to joining HSSM, Mr. Rosenwood was an associate with the litigation team at Moore & Van Allen, PLLC, with a practice focused in commercial litigation and federal criminal defense. Before that, Mr. Rosenwood interned in the legal department of Virgin Atlantic Airways in their Crawley, U.K. headquarters.
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate Transactions, Governance + Disputes
- Design Professional Services
- Mediator + Arbitrator Services
- Real Estate
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, JD cum laude, 2001
- University of St. Andrews, Scotland, M.Litt. (Phil.) 1998
- Whitman College, Washington State, BA (Phil.) 1996
- Representation of clients at all stages of litigation in the North Carolina state and federal courts and in commercial arbitration. Preparation and negotiation of contracts and advising clients on risk allocation and insurance issues in the contracting process and during design and construction phases.
- Representation of developer in 1300 acre project involving property acquisition, contract negotiation, litigation matters and lien issues. Representation of numerous architectural firms and general contractors in multi-million dollar complex construction litigation claims involving water intrusion and mold.
- Served as court-appointed co-counsel in the Western District of North Carolina in a highly-publicized landmark criminal trial.
- Speaker at 2013 AIA Annual Meetings in Charlotte and Wilmington on legal issues with IPD.
- Along with the other members of HSSM’s Design Professional Services Group, conduct in-house seminars in claims management and risk avoidance.
Honors + Activities
- Mr. Rosenwood is consistently recognized by his peers in the “Superlawyers” and “Legal Elite” publications, appearing in one or both every year since 2008.
- Martindale - Hubble® AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Council Member, North Carolina Bar Association Construction Law Section; 2013-2014 Chair of CLE Committee
- Board Member, Mecklenburg County Bar Community Service Committee
- Board Member, Construction Professionals Network; 2014 Chair of Annual Meeting Committee