Mr. Horner is a civil litigator, who focuses on professional liability, construction, land use and development, and general business disputes. He represents design professionals, bankers, corporate officers and directors, contractors, developers, and other companies in litigation and arbitration. Mr. Horner is licensed in both North and South Carolina.
Prior to joining HSSM, Mr. Horner practiced with James, McElroy & Diehl, P.A.
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate Transactions, Governance + Disputes
- Land Use / Condemnation
- Real Estate
- Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University, JD, 2004, Campbell Law Review, notes and comments editor, Order of Barristers
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA (History), 2001
- Representation of directors, officers, and shareholders in multiple direct, derivative, and dissolution actions for large closely held companies
- Representation of architects and engineers in design and/or licensing disputes as well as fee collection actions
- Representation of developers and contractors in various disputes
- Representation of investment bankers and other professionals in professional liability and fiduciary duty claims
- Representation of home and land owners in disputes with developers, contractors, and governmental entities
- Frequently gives seminars to construction professionals throughout North Carolina.
Honors + Activities
- North Carolina Super Lawyers publication
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite
- Member, Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina & South Carolina State Bar
- Chair, Mecklenburg County Bar Association Non Profits & Client Pro Bono Committee